We are 4 days into May. 4 days into the 5th month. Where has the time gone?
My favorite things about May:
- My birthday is this month. MY birthday. It’s the one day a year I get to be specialer than anyone else. Yes, I know that I’m of an age where birthdays should mean less, but guess what? They DON’T!
- The days become warmer, the trees become more beautiful, flowers bloom. The earth comes alive again.
- Mother’s day. I mean, come on. Every day should be Mother’s day. Think about all the good things Mom has done for you! (Or, for those of you with a less-than-ideal mother experience, a mother-figure). My mother deserves a Mother’s day EVERY day. But, then again, my mother is my hero.
- Fresh air! The windows come open. The winter musties get swept out with a good breeze. The screen door replaces the winter storm door.
- The cold/warm clothing swap-out. All those warm, winter clothes of which you have become so tired, get put away in favor of the lighter, brighter spring/summer clothing and open-toed shoes. EVERYTHING is “lighter”.
I hope you love May as much as I do. And think of it…if your birthday is in November, May is your 1/2 birthday month. So celebrate with me.
I have arthritis in my neck and spine. I’m sure I’ve mentioned that.
Part of what my physical therapist recommended was a smaller purse. One that wouldn’t put a lot of pressure on my shoulder, or cause me to walk with one shoulder higher than the other trying to keep it on my shoulder.
I’m sorry. What?
I love nothing more than a big bag. Huge. I love knowing that I can carry anything I need and it’s always handy. How do I go from that to something smaller? How can I carry a book with me always??
After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I decided to go see what else I could find.
In the meantime, I was using one of those big clutch/wallet things. I didn’t love it, but stopping the pain became more important.
I was shopping in January in my neighboring tax-free state (and of course I kept records of anything I bought, for IRS purposes….). I went into this little boutique that had shiny things in the window. I am a kitten around shiny things.
In this shop, I found the most exquisite little vintage clutch. It was black, and satin, and boxy, and sparkly. I carried it around with me while I looked. I opened it and petted it a little. (Don’t judge!)
But, in the end, the exquisite little clutch went back onto the display. I could not (and believe me, I tried) justify spending $217 on a little clutch. Even a tax-free one.
So I went to Etsy.com. There must be something yummy there, right?
My first stop was at ME2Designs.
It’s gold, missing some beads, heavy and allegedly from 1950’s Japan. I just know that I feel very girly with it.
This shop is in Thailand. They packaged everything beautifully, shipped it right away, and even with a delay in customs, I got it quickly. There were a bunch of others I wanted to get, but I’m trying to not be greedy.
My friend Chibi tagged me in a meme. I’ve never been tagged in a meme before. It felt kind of nice. *heh*
- What colour are your underwear right now?
- What’s your least favourite food?
- Does it bother you when I put extra letters in my word? Well, too bad: I’m Canadian, eh?
- How do you like your eggs?
- What book are you currently reading? Should I read it?
- Did you have an imaginary friend? What was his/her name?
- What is your guiltiest pleasure, keeping in mind I’m Prudy McPruderson, Mayor of Prudeville?
- If you could have any job in the whole wide world, what would it be?
- Do you watch Toddlers & Tiaras?
- What CD is in your CD player? (Do you still have one of those? If not, what was the last song played on your MP3 player? Should I be listening to them/her/him/it?)
- Shoes: off at the door, or wear ’em through the house?
I used to wear them through the house, but as I get older I’ve become more of a germaphobe, so off they come. *shudder*
So, 11 questions for you, if you choose to continue this:
- Do you ever tell anyone your middle name? What is it?
- What is one book you recommend to everyone?
- What’s your favorite way to spend a rainy afternoon?
- If you could live in another country, which would it be and why?
- Do you like what you do for a living?
- What is your best memory from high school?
- Would you travel back to that time if you could?
- Do you journal regularly?
- What is your opinion on flavored coffee or fruity beer?
- East coast or west coast?
- What do you do that makes you goofy-grin happy?