Oh, hello. Let me introduce you…
Seamus and Maggie. The Mag and Moo of the Blog name.
I adopted the twins from the shelter almost 4 years ago. They are from the same litter, brother and sister, and they will be 4 in August. They are tuxedo cats, always ready for a party. But mine have black noses. Most have pink noses.
Seamus, aka Shamu, Mucifer, the Destructor, is a fiesty little boy who loves to pick on his sister and snuggle with his momma. He acts all tough, but he is just a softy.
Maggie, aka Magpie, Maggie Mae, Sweetface, is a sweet little princess who is a total girly girl. Very dainty but she can totally hold her own against her brother.
How to irritate a cat:
- Shake the treat bag, and don’t give them one.
- let him get all comfy on your lap, just fall asleep, then start coughing.
- shake the cat nip tub, and don’t give them any.
- walk into the bathroom and DON’T turn on the water – because they are that spoiled and like to drink the fresh running water from the tap, rather than the fresh water in their bowl.
- sit in the spinny office chair, and when they walk by with their tail up, hold the tail and spin.
- wedge your feet under their bathrobe at the end of the bed to warm them, yet make their “bed” less comfortable.
I know many people are either dog people or cat people. I love either, but my house is too small for a dog, and my babies keep me company. They are sweet and friendly and loving, and I’m glad they are in my life.
If you are going to get a pet, consider adopting one from a shelter. It isn’t a “designer” pet, but they are pets who will love you, and will thank you for bringing them home.